10 Hottest Cities in the World That Make You Feel Like You're in a Sauna - When it comes to heat, some cities around the world take it to another level. From dry deserts to tropical climates, these 10 cities are known for their extreme temperatures and high humidity levels that can make you feel like you're in a sauna. Here are the 10 hottest cities in the world that are sure to make you sweat.
|10 Hottest Cities in the World That Make You Feel Like You're in a Sauna
1. Dallol, Ethiopia Located in the Danakil Depression, Dallol is known as one of the hottest inhabited places on Earth. Temperatures can soar up to 50 degrees Celsius (122°F) during the day, making it a challenging place to live or visit.
2. Timbuktu, Mali Timbuktu is a historic city located in West Africa. With temperatures reaching up to 45°C (113°F), this city is one of the hottest places in the world. The heat is made worse by the hot, dusty winds that blow in from the Sahara Desert.
3. Kebili, Tunisia Located in southern Tunisia, Kebili is a desert city with an average temperature of 35°C (95°F) during the summer months. The city is known for its picturesque palm groves, but the heat can make it challenging to explore them.
4. Ahvaz, Iran Ahvaz is a city located in southwestern Iran that has been known to reach temperatures of up to 54°C (129°F). The high temperatures are due to the city's location near the Persian Gulf, which can create a humid and uncomfortable environment.
5. Bandar-e Mahshahr, Iran Another city in Iran, Bandar-e Mahshahr, holds the record for the highest "feels like" temperature ever recorded at 74°C (165°F). The city's location near the Persian Gulf and its high humidity levels create a sweltering heat that can be dangerous for those who are not accustomed to it.
6. Phalodi, India Phalodi is a city located in the Indian state of Rajasthan that experiences extreme heat during the summer months. Temperatures can reach up to 51°C (124°F), making it a challenging place to live or visit.
7. Jacobabad, Pakistan Jacobabad is a city in Pakistan that is known for its scorching temperatures. During the summer months, temperatures can reach up to 52°C (126°F), making it one of the hottest places in the world.
8. Tirat Zvi, Israel Located in the Jordan Valley, Tirat Zvi is known for its hot and dry climate. Temperatures can reach up to 54°C (129°F) during the summer months, making it a challenging place to live or visit.
9. Dasht-e Lut, Iran Dasht-e Lut is a desert located in southeastern Iran and is known as one of the hottest places on Earth. Temperatures can reach up to 70°C (158°F) during the day, making it an inhospitable environment for most living creatures.
10. Bangkok, Thailand Bangkok is a bustling city in Southeast Asia that experiences high temperatures and humidity levels year-round. During the summer months, temperatures can reach up to 40°C (104°F) and the humidity can make it feel even hotter.
These 10 cities are not for the faint of heart when it comes to heat. If you plan on visiting any of these locations, be sure to take precautions to stay cool and hydrated.